I speak at municipal, building, planning, affordable housing, financing, real estate, appraising, and design events about specialized aspects of the ADU market. As a leading national expert on ADUs, I am uniquely qualified to explain specialized aspects of the ADU marketplace, history, and zoning code nuances, and best practices for development
- Speaking fees are negotiable depending on the status and purpose of the organization or company, but the standard rate is $1,000 for a presentation. Client covers travel costs, and provides event marketing, promotion and logistical support, including the venue, classroom, projector, and web connection.
- Payment arrangements via bulk volume Backdoor Revolution book purchases can be made in lieu of speaking fee.
Kol’s week-long ADU roadshow for New Hampshire Housing was a success, helping launch important dialogue about the value of ADUs for homeowners as well as the possibilities they offer to expand the availability of affordable housing in NH. His community presentations around the state as well as at a conference spotlighted his depth of knowledge about and passion for ADUs, and his willingness to engage in discussion on the issues involved
New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority
Kol’s presentation told a compelling story about how and where ADUs fit into the greater housing affordability picture. After Kol’s presentation, local leaders in New Hampshire and Maine left equipped with the information they need to create sound policy as they write local ADU ordinances and craft and amend statewide laws. Homeowners left feeling empowered and inspired to take control of their own financial situations and use their home to generate an income.
Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast
Kol’s presentation demystified the options that real homeowners have for addressing a variety of common issues – downsizing, expanding family structure, and using your home to generate revenue.
JSA Inc Architecture Planning Interiors
Kol just gave a keynote at our own ADU convening is the best speaker I know on the subject.
Department of Housing, County of San Mateo, California.
Previous speaking engagements include:
- APA- Oregon Chapter
- JLC Live
- New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority
- Community-Engaged Design Symposium at UNC-Greensboro
- Better Boulder
- San Mateo County
- Housing Trust Silicon Valley
- City of Berkeley
- Oregon Association of Realtors
- Build Small-Live Large conferences
- Portland’s City-wide ADU Tours
- Local affordable housing groups, land use organizations, real estate firms, real estate developer groups, and architectural interest groups.
- Work with, and consult for, municipalities and organizations wishing to audit and update their local ADU codes and program to induce more ADU type development to meet housing policy goals. Zoning, financing, municipal ‘ADU program’, tours, stakeholder collaboration.
Thank you for an excellent ADU Tour and commentary that connected various projects with the interests of the teams and for your many contributions to the sessions.
Portland State University’s Institute for Sustainable Solutions
- Teach ADU homeowner workshop- over 2,000 homeowners taught