I’m an editor for AccessoryDwellings.org, a site edited by 3 volunteers in Portland, Oregon. It is a one-stop source about accessory dwelling units, multigenerational homes, laneway houses, ADUs, granny flats, in-law units.
Here’s some of my latest posts on that website.
- 2017 ADU Tour Wrap-Up September 12, 2017 2:45 pmThe ADU Tour in Portland on September 9th and 10th was great. 600 people each day attended to see the 12 ADUs featured in NE Portland and the 12 ADUs in SE Portland.
- ADU Tour on September 8th-10th August 24, 2017 2:20 pmThe ADU Tour is just a couple weeks away on September 8-10th. If you are planning to build an ADU, drop whatever else you have planned and clear your schedule for this weekend. This is the largest (and best) ADU Tour in the nation.
- ADU Tour- Early bird sales end August 19th August 3, 2017 6:40 pmEary bird sales for the ADU Tour end on August 19th. You can buy tickets now. It's shaping up to be an awesome event! There's going to be 12 ADUs featured on Saturday in SE and 12 ADUs on Sunday in SE. For those who are only interested in seeing certain ADU structural types, here is the breakdown by day.
- Building An ADU- a new website for those seeking to build ADUs July 3, 2017 3:00 pmBuildinganADU.com is a website geared to homeowners who want to build an ADU on their property, featuring posts and tips that delve into great detail about explaining how much ADUs cost to build using actual costs from recent projects,
- Announcing the 2017 ADU Tour April 24, 2017 2:00 pmWe are excited to announce the next ADU Tour. This tour has an awesome line up, chock-full with awesome and diverse ADU types and styles. It's going to be a full weekend event with 10+ ADUs in NE Portland featured on Saturday, and a different set of 10+ ADUs in SE Portland on Sunday. None of these ADUs have been featured on previous ADU tours before.
- The Ascent of ADUs in Portland February 27, 2017 3:00 pmPortland is leading the pack with ADU development nationally. Data provided by the City of Portland shows the rate of ADU permits issued from 2010-2016. In 2016, 615 permits were issued, 20 times the average number of permits issues each year before Portland's SDC waiver in 2010.
- ADUs’ Tiny Relatives (video) November 22, 2016 3:00 pmThere's a lot of half-baked information about 'tiny homes' on the web, which leads to confusion and misunderstanding about the differences between ADUs and tiny houses on wheels. I find myself explaing the differences between them at least five times a week. This confusion is largely attributable to media coverage that conflates ADUs and tiny houses on wheels as 'tiny homes'. I'm a fan of both housing forms, but they are extremely different types of housing products.
- Follow Up to the September 2016 ADU Tour September 27, 2016 3:00 pmThe ADU Tour on September 18th was a great event! Over 700 people registered and attendees had a fabulous experience. We aim to make the tour as educational as possible for attendees. Following the tour, we received many comments in the feedback, like this one.
- The ADU Tour is Less Than One Week Away September 12, 2016 3:00 pmThe weather looks like it will be awesome for next week’s city wide ADU Tour. The ADU Tour hosts are excited to open their doors for the tour. In addition to … Continue reading →
- It’s Time to Register for the September 2016 ADU Tour August 10, 2016 1:00 pmThe City-wide ADU Tour is less than six weeks away, and early bird ticket sales end on September 2nd. On the tour, you’ll meet homeowners who have recently completed their ADUs, who … Continue reading →